Can You Handle It?

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Too Many People

Here I am worrying if anyone will come over New Year’s Eve when 44,000 people just died across 11 nations. People are digging through the earth with their own hands to bury their beloved ones. I never watch the news or read the newspaper; all it’s filled with is all the bad shit that goes on. I can’t watch the news on the television set, I can’t read the newspaper my soul starts to shake and my tears shed for the loss of these innocent people lives that were swallowed by the mouth of death. There’s nothing you can do about Mother Nature and that is the sick part. I can’t imagine being strong if I was a survivor. To dig a grave with only my bare hands and cover my family and friends even a stranger with the rich soil that destroyed their living life. I wake up to the sound of my stereo and all I hear is the count of how many people have died. I just want to stay in bed and wish for it to all go away, like if it were just all a demonic dream, the malevolence of the earth that we call home doesn’t feel so safe anymore. Where has all the good gone? I feel empty and the suffocation of the depression that has conquered me has me not worrying about New Year’s Eve and the celebration, though I never really liked celebrating for personal reasons and NOW everyone around me is still talking about how they are going away and how they would love to see the ball drop in Times Square. People going to black tie parties, spending all that money on one night when it feels most of the world is mourning. What ever! I understand people want to try and go into the New Year with positive thoughts, but you don’t have to make a big extravaganza about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home