Can You Handle It?

Monday, December 27, 2004

What's The Point?

I don’t like celebrating New Year’s Eve. My cousin and her fiancé and a few friends are going to Atlantic City. They asked me to join, but it’s not my thing. Plus, I’m broke and I don’t like going out to celebrate New Year’s Eve. My family isn’t here only my brother who lives in the Bronx. Frankly, I really feel like shit and now I don’t want to do anything. Just a half hour ago, I was making a list of what I will make for a buffet. I was going to have some people over (but not to my surprise, because why would anything ever go right for me, they may all not come) and just have a little dinner and maybe play some board games, cards and just be in good company. The list sounded mouth watering, and now I just feel like vomiting.

The List

Hummus (I heard its good luck to have beans for New Year’s Eve)
Shrimp Empanadas
Rice Balls (NO MEAT)
Pasta with fresh chopped tomatoes and garlic and fresh basil everything all fresh except the pasta I have no time to make that
Romaine lettuce with broiled Portobello mushrooms with fresh garlic olive oil and balsamic vinegar
And that was all I came up with at the moment.

But now that’s all crossed off and I just want to be alone. I’m not going to bother everyone and tell them that they have to come over. I hate this time of year. I just want to know if it will ever get better when this gloom full month comes again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home