Can You Handle It?

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Right Around The Corner

Mia and I were coming back from my favorite restaurant. I was looking for parking and around the corner from my house there were a whole bunch of cop vans and all those special vehicles you see on all those CSI shows. Something definitely happened. We were curious of course. So I parked the car and we decided to take a walk over. We actually took the long way over so it didn't look like we were nosey neighbors and made it seem like that we were walking through to get somewhere. The man from the funeral parlor was out on the corner in his long black trench coat. Why do those people always look like they are part of the mafia?

“Hey, what happened?”

He has no freaking clue and only informs us that the whole squad has been there all day long, really 3 hours. He then gestures that everyone was looking over at this one direction. Mia wanted to walk into the blocked block.

I was like “heck no I am not going in there it does not look good.”

Then there was a cop walking towards one of the vans.

“Mia, go ask the cop, is he cute?”

Mr. Funeral Man laughed. She didn’t and we walked the opposite way. We saw a girl in front of her house and asked her.

“Oh, someone got shot, and there was a helicopter flying over the houses for a long time.”

“Mia, someone definitely died.”

So I ask this pretty woman, she was, pretty even Mia agreed with me and we didn’t get jealous. HUH!

“Did they get shot inside or outside the house?”

She turns to look at this older man, it had to be her father and in some foreign language she says

“lalashnik nik”

Well that’s what it sounded like to me.

“Inside.”

"HmmmThank You. Mia someone had to definitely die for them to have the block closed off like that all day and to have all these freaking police vans and trucks.”

We went home baffled. My friend Hope and her boyfriend Nero is another friend of mine calls me when I got home and I had asked her to tell Nero to find out what happened. Well he didn’t find out. I found out later from my friend Ann that someone got killed.

“I KNEW IT!!!”

Then this other dude who was over Hope’s house the other day said that he heard that there was a dispute and shots fired. Well put 2 and 2 together and you get a DEAD BODY right around the corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home