Can You Handle It?

Saturday, April 16, 2005

A BEAUTIFUL NIGHT

I went out one Friday night right after work to meet up with Lilie. We were going to meet with Jon and his friends. It was Jon's friend's birthday and neither Lilie nor I knew the man. We were there before Jon; there was the birthday boy and two other people who were complete strangers to us. We felt a bit awkward being in an expensive place with just a bit of cash in our pockets. They were all dressed up and there I was in my jeans with a large sleeveless brown knitted loose turtleneck sweater. My boots all scuffed up and my hair was in a ponytail because I was too tired to wash it. I felt like shit and thought I looked like it too. I wasn't feeling well, but I only went to spend time with Lilie and Jon. It's been a while since I last seen them. Lilie has been down. Everyone these days seems to be in a rut or not happy with where they are.

Lilie and I were at ease but there was still sadness there. We used to see each other every day for 7 years, we were like sisters and well now… we hardly get to talk to each other nor see one another. We communicate here and there through e-mail. Lilie suffers from so many different pains that I wish I could take away. The only remedy that can help just a tinsy winsy bit, is for us to work with each other side by side once again. Giving one another company would just brighten up our dim corners in our lives and I miss that. I can read her as she can read me.

We looked out the large window and took in the skyline. It was beautiful, that’s probably why this place was so expensive. I decided to break the ice and walk over to the 3 strangers sipping on Veuve Clicquot. I slapped the birthday boys arm and said,

“It must be your birthday.”

Yes I know I’m aggressive, but it was all done in humor. Lilie and I sat down and made friends for the night. The five of us became 25 of us ½ hour later. The birthday boy told us that we shouldn’t worry, that there were going to be a lot more younger men than woman coming. I had something to say about that.

“That’s nice, how much younger, I thought you turned 21 today.”

He smiles as his 40 somewhat soul looks at me.

“It really doesn’t matter, I’m not here to pick up.”
He laughed and walked away to the other strangers. It ended up being a parade of women and a few men, and older men. Some were even in their 50’s. I didn’t care, but at the same time found it extremely amusing. So my amiable personality made some conversation with the men and women. The woman all thought I was in fashion. My heart smiled from the great compliment coming from beautiful well-dressed women. It was a beautiful night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home