Can You Handle It?

Friday, April 01, 2005

K.O.

I took the train with Hope this morning. Like usual my freaking eye was bothering me and my nose was running and well, I felt like shit. This cold thing is not working out for me. Hope sacrificed her last tissue to me, she’s also suffering from a cold. So I ripped it in half and used the one half for my nose and stuffed the other half in my left coat pocket for another nose dripping encounter and for my tearing, feels like someone stabbed my eye, situation. We blabbed on the train and I noticed some weirdo standing right up on the damn doors as it closed in his face. He waved good bye to some chick as the train choo chooed its way out of the station. She was wearing a long black coat. All I saw was the back of her brown twisted hair as she waved back to Mr. Weirdo. Then I thought aww how romantic, he really wants her. Though I didn’t feel the same vibe from her. I think it’s that situation where someone likes the other person more. Any hoots. She finally got a seat and she sat across from me. She was playing with her cell phone and gave me a nasty look. AGAIN, I just don’t get it. I didn’t kill her dog, nor steal that weirdo man from her, so what was up her fucking ass???

Me and Hope bullshitted as her sneeze was trapped inside. Her eyes would roll back and slightly close with her mouth a bit open and …. Nothing. Nothing came out. I hate that, and so does she, having to sneeze and it just doesn’t come out and it tricks you about 5 to 10 times. Must be because it’s April fool’s day. Her own damn body playing a trick on her. How ironic.

So this chick across from me had me thinking, once again, thinking about what it is about me that people just give me the nastiest looks. They dislike me without even knowing me. So on our way to our transfer, I was thinking maybe it’s just me. Maybe I give off that “Look at me nasty fucker” look on my face. Which I know I don’t because I’m not that kind of person. So as I got on the train, I asked Hope

“Hey, if you didn’t know me and you looked at me, do I look like a bitch to you?”

She said “No, but you noticed that right?”

“Noticed what?”

“That, that girl who just walked right passed you gave you a nasty look?”

Hope imitated this insane jack fucking ass, she looked at me up and down and rolled her eyes with a tss.

“Nope I didn’t see it, she doesn’t even know me. That’s what I fucking hate, I didn’t kill her damn dog. If I did see that, I would have punched her right in her face so then she would have a reason to roll her eyes back.”

I said it loud enough so every Tom, Dick and Harry and their mothers would here me. Her eyes would be rolling back from my K.O. bitch!

3 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Mc said...

I really think it's a NY thing. People just walk around with a chip on their shoulder around here. Even if you go out of your way to smile and be nice they cop an attitude.....so don't even think it's you.....

1:53 PM  
Blogger Bridget Unnel said...

I agree with Mr. Charlie. It's NY, but it may also be the visibly sick thing. It's terrible to admit, I know, but I get really pissy when there is someone coughing, sneezing, and sniffling near me a lot on the train. The twisted logic is something like "I don't blame you for being sick, but I will blame you if you make me sick."

1:02 PM  
Blogger erl said...

sadly i have to say that i think it's a girl thing, more than just a NYC thing.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home