Can You Handle It?

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Hot N Gross

Hope is working on her demo. She finally met someone who will do what she wants, plus he’s not charging $5000 per song like that overconfident fuck we went to check out about a month ago. She told me all about her new discovery and introduced me to this “it’s about fucking time, I’m tired being on a backburner, someone who finally believes in me and wants to work with me” person.

It was Sunday and I needed to get my oversized umbrella back. I had forgotten my umbrella by the enchanted music world a.k.a. studio from my first visit. Sunday he dedicates his time to one particular rap artist who has about 6 collaborators from producers to other artists. So let’s just say Hope and I walked into a work in progress. The main reason for my first visit was to check this place out and then NETWORK baby. I needed to be back in the music world, its what keeps me happy. I had brought my CD of my 3 ballads over. He liked it and music started to flow in my blood again.

Ok so now we’re back to Sunday. Hope and I walk into the studio and there’s about 10 men scattered all over the place holding on to a bottle of beer. We walked in the middle of magic. I’m not shy and neither was Hope. We were both comfortable in this atmosphere and felt the same dream amongst ourselves. We were all in the same boat. We sat there and well, made some new contacts. I sang my hook with my sickly voice and they liked it, but the artist wasn’t interested with me working on that track since they already had a vocalist on it. Hope was suppose to go back on Tuesday, that’s if that other vocalist wasn’t going to take too much of his time.

When I got in Tuesday evening from work, I checked my voicemail. He wanted me to come to the studio. I called. We spoke. Then I was at the studio and singing on the very track, taking over the other vocalist place. All I can say is thank goodness, LET THE MUSIC PLAY.
So the artist was happy and so was the man behind the motherboard, who I call Falafel. It was simple singing, nothing to creative; it was just to put something down. I felt like an ass, because I felt I didn’t give my all with the phlegm stuck in my throat and having to sing so simple, but it was the beginning of something that might be a great start. My burping didn’t help either, I was drinking Japanese beer, Falafel didn’t have anything but beer and I was one thirsty girl. So from smelling my armpit behind the mic and burping up the beer onto the track, I made a great impression. HOT and GROSS!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home