Can You Handle It?

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Can I Get Some Sleep Here Please? (Rome, Italy)

Sunday, March 7th (Still in Rome, Italy)

The next A M we had to prepare ourselves, because Zio Matteo (My father’s bro) was picking us up at 12:30pm. I had a bowl of cereal with soymilk. All groceries I bought. Zio Matteo finally arrived and we ate pranzo (lunch) by his house with Zia Franca. Lunch is a big meal just like dinner. We chatted and then I went on line to blog and chat with some friends on AIM.

Once again time flew and my stomach was empty. Dinner was ready and we ate again! Zia Franca’s brother Mimo and his wife Adriana came over for dinner. They all chatted after we stuffed our piglet face and I chatted on AIM again! What else was I going to do? I said all I could to the elderly and left to talk to my friends in America. We, and I mean my parents and I had a flight the next day to Palermo, Sicily.

Freaking crapper. I couldn’t sleep all night. Zio Matteo put a twin mattress on the floor as Zia made the bed for me in their bedroom where my parents would sleep. So, my parents and I slept in the same room. What a mistake! I thought I was in the middle of a war. With my mother blowing loud farts and snoring so loud I thought the ceiling was going to give. I wanted to get up and get my video camera and record this destruction. Once my mother stopped and made peace, I realized that it was morning and she got up, I fell asleep and as soon as I did, some damn dog outside started barking with a megaphone. I got up and demanded for a gun. Of course I didn’t get one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home