Can You Handle It?

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Another One Bites The Dust

Last night, Monday, December 12th, I was sitting on my couch watching Las Vegas. My roommate was ironing his shirt and pants in the living room. I sensed something was wrong, but ignored it. He looked sad, to himself, withdrawn. I asked how his day off was, and he said it was fine. He finishes up and puts my mothers old ironing board back in its place. He leaves the living room and goes into his bedroom. Three minutes later as I was being a bum on the couch he tells me he has to tell me something.

"This man came into the store and told me about an apartment he has in his house, it's a really good deal and I want to take it before the holidays."

Okay this is when I had to tell myself, "CiaFai? Calm down, don't flip the fuck out, be calm about it."

He continues.

"I don't want to worry about fighting and disturbing. Like when I fought with Mia, I was wrong and then when me and Monica fight it disturbs you. I don't want to disturb you and I don't want to be disturbed."

"You're not disturbing me, you and Monica don't fight anymore."

He had it stuck in his head that he wanted to move out. I didn't care, he was ready to move on but the only reason I was upset was because of the time limit he gave me. He tells me he is leaving and wants to leave before the holidays. Which means, Christmas, December 25th. 13 days before he wants out. Actually he wants to leave before the 13 days as he said "before the holidays." He told me that he already found a bed that he found a good deal on for $500, that him and another friend we both know have gone shopping and bought some things for the new apartment and he has it over his girlfriends house. Now, my blood was boiling. I had to keep calm. No fight No fight I kept telling myself. So that means he's been planning this, and hasn't told me till now, you just don't do things like that. It's not like he lives in a horrible environment, that I'm so intolerable to live with. He's being a sneak on this and he blew up his spot on it. I have a quick mind and I do not forget the way someone treats me wrong. I told him he had to wait till I found a roommate, that it was going to be impossible to find someone in two weeks. He said he'll ask around, but didn't want to miss out on the apartment. I told him that he needed to tell this man that he has a roommate and needs to give me time to find another roommate. He's more worried about not getting this apartment because I probably need time to find an apartment. Tough shit he didn't care about me when he told the man he wanted the apartment. These are thing you talk through with your roommate, you give a heads up and not a two week heads up.

Come on who makes decisions like that?? He left and later on he came back into the living room as I was sitting there trying not to stress and ignore what just happened and watch television. I looked at him and decided to act on this situation, again with a calm matter.

"So, how long have you known about this apartment?"

"Oh, I just found out two days ago."

"So, you found out two days ago and you already went shopping for your new apartment, hmmm it's real funny how you did all that and never mentioned anything to your roommate." He's been my roommate for 2 1/2 years. I treated him like a brother.

He got frustrated. Hello, if anyone should be frustrated it should be ME!! "Oh I only bought" and it just sounded like blah blah blah after that. For goodness sake he already had a bed picked out knew the price on it and told the guy on the spot that he wanted the apartment. This is no spontaneous thing that happened, this is something that has been going on that he has neglected to tell me. He's been keeping his purchases at his girlfriends house, that means he's hiding it from me. I'm no fucking fool. So I'm taking my time in finding a roommate, actually I already found one, Mia. She wanted to move into the city. I didn't want to break her dream in moving into the city. I called her up and asked her

"What are you doing?"

"Looking for apartments."

"Why don't you put a hold on that and move in with me?"

I filled her in and she agreed to move in. She can't move in until mid January. I get to live with my best friend, but now it's my turn to take time on letting him know what is going on. I'm going to make him squirm. He didn't want to pay for January's rent and have to pay January's rent at the new place because he can not afford it and is afraid the man will give away the apartment by then, I doubt it if he supposedly just asked him three days ago. Come the fuck on!!! He tells me that this man is a very nice man and he knows him from shopping in the store he works in. If Mia found an apartment already I would have been fucked. Yeah I have someone to move in, so why should I be so mad? Well it's the point of respect and treating me with it. If you are an honest person you would not put them in the predicament he put me in. Thank goodness for Mia, but if she wasn't there, I would be here typing as my hair falls out of my head. So what? I have the right to get upset.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sad to hear the news...but change is good....no matter if the chnage is every Three Minutes....LOL

Anyway..hope all is well...Oh she looked good buy the token booth...again classic me only can mimic a hello.

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way...I would have been a great roomate.....

10:16 PM  
Blogger Charlie Mc said...

i'll move to Queens!!!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home