Can You Handle It?

Monday, December 12, 2005

Company Holiday Gift Giving and Receiving

So this is in our company handbook.

Company Ethics; Associate's Standards of Conduct. Acceptance of gifts in excess of twenty-five dollars ($25) is prohibited. Associates may not accept any gifts, favors or hospitality that might influence their decision-making or actions affecting the Company.

My comment:

Twenty freaking five flopping bucks??? Are you kidding me? So I get this card from a vendor and there's a whopping $100 gift card in there, 4 $25's gift cards. I'm so bummed. Ahhhhhhh. And the email went out to us, because I opened my big mouth and asked if we can accept monetary gifts. I only asked because someone had mentioned it a while back and I know that one day they would find out if I got a monetary gift around the holidays. I'm such a dodo. Ahhhh... I have to give back $75 or do I need to give all of my gift back, I mean come on it's a gift that they felt I deserve. It's not going to change my mind in doing more business with them. I'm not the idiot, well apparently I guess I am because I opened my big dang mouth.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You took my advice and you are dedicating five minutes a day. Good Job!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Charlie Mc said...

keep it!!!!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home