Can You Handle It?

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

His friendship came back BRIEFLY

That friend from the past that came back into my life has just left. I said my goodbye to him over IM.

“Well the briefness was nice. I see you don't have time. Maybe we can be brief again in two years. It was nice talking to you Leo.”

I don’t understand why people are retarded. I mean what is so hard with keeping a promise of calling someone when you say

“I’ll call you later” or “I’ll call you tomorrow”

If your intentions are not to call me then don’t say you will. I kissed the stupid man. Maybe I scared him off, but I left it as a friendly thing. We IM’d each other after that and he seemed to be ok. I had asked him to come hang out with me, Mia and Hope at a bar. He said he would let me know, that he wasn’t sure if he had to go into work. I IM’d him if he couldn’t make it that we should hang out another night. He seemed to have liked that idea.

On my way there, I called and left him a message (of course he didn’t pick up) telling him if he wanted to come this is where place would be. He never called me back. I figured he went to work. No big deal. I was just being nice to invite him. I got home around 2:30 in the morning; since I figured he was at work I was going to leave him a message that he missed out on a good time. Much to my surprise he picked up.

“Hey, you picked up”

“Yeah, why not?” (something like that)

“Oh, I was going to leave you a message saying that you missed out on a good time, but you picked up.”

“Really, are you ok?”

“Yeah I’m fine and that’s weird, because I had our infamous drink (Long Island Iced Tea with out the coke and Peach Schnapps instead) and a shot of 252 and two other shots, and I’M FINE!”

I heard him typing.

“You’re typing, are you on the computer?”

“Yeah, are you going on line?”

I laughed “Am I going on line? Ha noooo way.”

“Alright, so then I’ll call you tomorrow…”

and as he was saying that I was saying

“Oh alright…

then he kept talking saying “I’ll talk to you then.”

I continued after my "OH alright" over him “well you have a good night.”

I realized I was talking to dead air. He hung up right after he said

“I’ll talk to you then.”

Ahhh I hate that shit, that was so fucking rude!!! I do not tolerate that. He didn’t even say bye. I hate that bullshit.

So I tried to go on line to tell him that it was rude. I couldn’t get on line, my fucking Verizon DSL was messed up. I took it as a sign. He must have been talking to some chick on line and it was more important to chat with her rather than talking to a friend for two minutes on the phone.

Well I never got that call and that was the middle of last week he said he would call. So I tried IM’ing him again and well he never replied. I called him that other night leaving a message if he wanted to get something to eat, he never called back. I thought he might have been busy. On the contrary but in my mind somewhere, I was also thinking he was avoiding me. So I IM’d him tonight.

“Are you going to talk to me?”

He never replied. So time past and I wrote him again.

“Well the briefness was nice. I see you don't have time. Maybe we can be brief again in two years. It was nice talking to you Leo.”


He never replied, so this was my goodbye.

4 Comments:

Blogger stella said...

In all the ways you could have said goodbye, that was a great one...! Nice job.

thanks for visiting.

5:23 PM  
Blogger sk8rn said...

Sounds like "good riddance!" You deserve better.

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go through such pains to fill that hole. And yet the effort to find fulfillment seems to defy and aggravate the very condition you seek to cure. As cliche as it sounds, you need to find some inner peace and give the soulmate search a rest for a while. You'll find him or he'll find you - it's irrelevant. But the point is this: Take comfort in the fact that you are beautiful, talented, and clever. And that you have wonderful friends who really care deeply about you. You have a golden soul - it's just got a few dark spots that need some polishing with a soft cloth.

And know this also... The universe gives us everything we need JUST when we need it. She's got a penchant for comical timing.

Come over and I'll read your cards... :-)

Yours in music and artistry,
Taliesin
AKA - The silly guy around the corner with the really cool recording studio.

9:21 PM  
Blogger CiaFai said...

Hey the silly guy around the corner with the really cool recording studio. I honestly appreciate your words because they are true from your heart. Knowing me, and reading my blog, gives you a deeper insight of myself. I know I have so many friends who care for me deeply and I'm glad you are one of my friends. From the first reading you gave me, I knew things just weren't going to be right in my life right now (and since when has it?), the weird part about that whole thing was how I could also read cards, and when I was looking at them upside down, I had such a pitful nauseating feeling inside me. Then my second reading, well we both know how it was worse. Yes I do need to find some inner peace, but I feel like I'm being pulled and hanging in the midst of air, where I can not grab hold of anything and I'm too afraid to look down (fear of heights) and well drowning in the air. Panic strickens me, but I don't realize it because I'm used to the pain.

One of my escapes is talking that long journey around the corner to your recording studio and even though I do not get to sing (that's why I asked to come over that one day just to sing, because I know it would have made me feel better...which it did) I am surrounded with what runs through my veins. One day it will come alive and bring me that inner peace. Singing will bring me that inner peace.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home