Can You Handle It?

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Help Me Help A Friend

Hello All,

Once again, it’s been a while. I have a friend who I’m trying to help out. She is one of my best friends and I’m always there for her through thick and thin. She is trying to raise money for the American Cancer Society Relay for life. Since I've lost my job, I've been wanting to do something good, so I did. I've donated and I'm helping her through this blog to raise more money. I will be by her side as well as her cousin as she walks with her cousin Joanne at her Relay. I will also be taking photos and be sure to post them to the site and let you know about this great accomplishment I will partake. So please help me help a friend. This is what she sent me through an email, please read her story. PLEASE DONATE!

I know I have sent most of you an email regarding the fundraising of Relay For Life. This is just a friendly reminder hoping you will donate. I know so many people whose lives have been affected by cancer, and I’m committed to doing something to help them. I lost too many special people in my life to Cancer and I want that to stop. I never got a chance to meet my grandmother Giuseppa (my mothers mom), because Cancer took her life away at 45. My fathers mother Grazia also died of Cancer, but I was lucky enough to have her in my life. Her son, who is my uncle Sal also was diagnosed with Cancer. When my mother came to America she made two best friends, Lucy and Maria. They were both like 2nd mothers to me. Cancer also took their lives away at a young age and left my mother scarred with no friends. At 26 they found Cancer cells in my sisters uterus, they found it in time and now she’s free from Cancer. My cousin Joanne was diagnosed with Breast Cancer at 34 and fought the fight and has been Cancer free for a year now. This disease is here to kill, and I’m here to help stop that. So please donate in helping to find the cure for Cancer. I could go on and on with my family from my Aunts, Uncles, cousins and sibling history of Cancer, but I wouldn't want to bore you. Maybe just this much will touch you to donate to this worthy cause. That’s why I'm taking action against cancer by supporting the American Cancer Society Relay For Life event.
Thank you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home