Can You Handle It?

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Hide It

Saturday was my nephew’s first birthday party. My sister in law is already having contractions for her 2nd child. She was feeling all right for my nephew’s birthday; thank goodness imagine having the baby on her son’s first birthday party? I finally arrived to the party late. I swear it wasn’t my fault; I rather not get into the reason. When I get to the party, I already here the complaints the sarcasms that I’m late. If anyone else is ever involved in coming with me or me waiting on people, it’s destined that I will be late. If I’m going on my own, I’m on time. So it just always seems that I’m late because I’m always bringing someone with me.

I spotted the birthday boy. He was in his diaper and wearing cute yellow shorts. He had no shirt on and all I wanted to do was blow farts on his chest with my mouth and kiss him. Not because he’s my nephew, and I know you hear that line all the time, but he is too freaking cute. I brought my little air pump and my brother and sister in law supplied me with balloons. I made my nephew a mouse. The kids all came around and I made animal balloons for them. It was so hot out; I felt the sweat drip down the back of my legs. The heat drained me out. I had to keep up my spirits and not show anyone how tired I really was. So I went on.


My cousin arrived with her husband and two children. I had their x-mas gifts from last year in my trunk. I never got around to bringing it to them. It was that or I kept forgetting it at home when I did go visit. I know I’m a dumb ass. Thank goodness the outfits I got them were actually too big for last year and will fit them this year. I went to my car and grabbed the gifts from my trunk. I walked down the metal stairs and well slipped on the second step. There were children at the bottom of the stairs and I didn’t want to let go of the gifts because they would end up hitting the kids below. With my left hand I gripped the gifts like if I was holding a bag of groceries real tight and with my right hand reached out for the railing. It stopped me from going down the stairs, but it didn’t stop me from hitting the wall, which by the way this was outside and it was a rocky wall. I felt my shoulder twist, and my knee crash into the wall real hard. To tell you the truth, it scared me. It went in slow motion and it felt like it was never going to end. Once I hit the wall and finally got a grip of myself I got up with pain throbbing through my leg. I don’t know how, but my left index finger was killing me. I touched it and it felt as if my knuckle wasn’t in place. I had people touch it but they couldn’t seem to find what I was talking about. Finally later it went back down. Must have been a vein or something that was just swollen near my knuckle. Later on, I found a nice lump above my right knee with bloody scuffs on it. The blood had dried up. It was getting late and Mia and I had to go to a club to go see Tim Rex perform with Veronica. I was tired as fuck, but once again, I had to hide it.

1 Comments:

Blogger CiaFai said...

Thanks lilpuppy!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home