Can You Handle It?

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Believes In ME.

I get a call last night …

He said “What are you doing right now?”

“I’m trying to fall asleep.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to bother you.”

“No it’s ok, I wasn’t sleeping.”

“I miss you and I’m mad at you.”

“Mad, at me? For what? Because of Monday? That I didn’t come sing at the studio? You were suppose to call me and let me know if it was on.”

“Well first I miss you because you’re an incredible person, and yeah I’m mad because of Monday, but actually that’s my fault, I didn’t call you, I heard you’ve been there a few times lately.”

“Yeah, hello you didn’t call me so I thought you guys were trying to still put things together and thought you weren’t ready for me yet. Anyway I only went one time after you were there to pick up Hopes wave files and we stayed to listen to the band rehearse. That’s it, I haven’t been there since.”

He apologized. “Yeah I’m sorry; I’ve been working on my house… How was the band?” He went on all the details of redoing his entire apartment so he can rent it out.

“Well ok, you just let me know when you are ready. They were ok, they need to be real tight and I really couldn’t here him singing he wasn’t really singing into the mic.”

“Oh, yeah true. I’m in my truck smoking pot (he giggles, that explains the I miss you dialogue), my friends are inside, ones an attorney and the other is a doctor (Well that’s what I think he said) and they don’t want to be around that shit, so I came into my truck (he giggle once again)”

“You’re crazy. Ok well just let me know when is a good time...”

He cut me off with “Ok, I’ll call you.”

He always does that, abruptly gets off the phone with me once we’re in the middle of a conversation. Must be all the pot. My friend, producer and DJ who believes in me. He thinks I’m one of the greatest singers he’s ever heard, tells me I give him goose bumps. I wish I can do that to everyone who listens to me sing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home