Can You Handle It?

Friday, February 18, 2005

I Didn't Go With Mia

Mia wanted to go out last night. I didn't. I was way too tired. Itwas only supposed to be for an hour, but you know how that goes. It'snever an hour. I gave her my house keys so she can sleep over insteadof trotting her way an hour away all the way home.I was on my couch watching Without a Trace with my eyes closed for 15minutes. Then the sound of my telephone ringing had me open my eyes.She came over with one of her other friends. Mia parked her car by myhouse so she wouldn't have to worry about finding parking at 2am whichended up being like 3:43am. Her friend Patricia was coming to pickthem up."Are you sure you don't want to come?""Yeah, I'm really tired, look at me I look like shit."So we sat there watching Without A Trace.Mia's friend Alana sat next to me, she smelled like a smoker. It wason her clothes and coat, unless someone in her house is a smokingchimney. My roommate had the living room window a bit open to let insome fresh air as I buried myself under a comforter that I took out of theliving room closet."I just farted."Alana elbows me and says "It's really nice to meet you."We all laughed.Mia got the call that her friend Patricia was outside and Mia andAlana left. I didn't even finish watching Without A trace or maybe Iwas just to tired to remember the ending. My roommate told me thathis cousin was coming over to look at his computer after midnight andwas wondering if he wanted me to have his cousin to take a look at myprinter."Yeah, the CD is in the closet, he knows where it is I showed him thelast time he was here."It was 12:39 when my roommate walked into my room and asked if hiscousin can look at my printer and I said sure.I heard them talking and then I don't know how much longer it was buthe couldn't find the CD to install my printer. I guess that was theproblem. I have to look for that damn CD. I told him I was fine withthat and it's ok not to worry. They carried on with theirconversation as I drifted away.The door bell rang 3 times one after the other, I looked at my clockand it was 3:43am. I woke up as if I was wide awake and walked overto my living room to open the door to find Mia.

She looked at me with sad eyes with a pout like a lost little girl.

“Mia”

“I’ve been outside for 20 minutes. I couldn’t get in.” I thought she was about to cry.

“Aww Mia, come in.”

“I couldn’t find the right key.”

“It’s ok.”

Mia took her coat off and went straight to the bathroom. I went back to my room to get her a pajama and laid back in bed waiting for her to come out of the bathroom. She was in there pretty long. I had a feeling she was throwing up. She was definitely drunk. Not only did the “I couldn’t find the right key” give me that indication, but her innocent little girl manner did too. I heard the bathroom door open slightly. I swear I have supersonic hearing at night. I waited thinking she should be here any second. A minute passes by and I didn’t hear any footsteps. I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen where the bathroom is and found Mia laying on the floor. I ran over to her scared.

“Mia! Are you ok?”

When I finally reached her I noticed she was laying on her side in a sleeping position as she used her arms as pillows and was in some what a fetal position. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Mia, you have to get up.”

“Huh?”
I put my hand out to her and helped her up.

“I have pajamas for you.”

Like a whining little girl she said “Ahhh noooo I have pajamas.”

“You do? OK.”

So we both walked to my room and she plopped right into my bed.

“Mia, you have to move over.”

“Uhahh uhahh”

She kept making those noises from the moment she walked into my apartment till she actually fell asleep. A noise that made it seemed as if she was whining in a annoyed way because she didn’t get to go on the pony ride.

So we’re laying there, it’s probably about 4:20am now and Mia keeps squirming around. I wanted to bust out laughing, but I was too tired. I knew she was drunk and that is why she was so uncomfortable. By now, I’m just laying there listening to her move all over. I felt her move further and further from me and heard her land on my laundry bags (my cleans socks and underwear and towels) and slowly slide off them to the floor. I laughed to myself.

“Mia?”

“Shh”

I laughed, she was telling me to shoosh. She had no idea where she was.

I turned the switch and saw her there laying on the floor trying to hold her self up with one arm and squinting at me as if I put on the brightest light in the world.

“Mia?”

“Shh”

I couldn’t help but laugh. I helped her up and asked if she had to go to the bathroom and throw up. She was making funny noises in the dark when she fell. So I had figured it was because she had that nauseating drunk feeling. I walked her to the bathroom put the toilet seat up and held the door open.

“No no you go back to sleep, I’m fine.”

Yeah right, she couldn’t stand straight, but how can you argue with a drunk. So I closed the door and as I did she dropped my toilet paper holder that holds the spare toilet paper and made a loud noise. All I kept thinking was that my roommate was going to kill me. I stood by the door till I heard her throw up and waited another minute to end up walking to my room. She was taking a long time and I didn’t hear the door open. I got out of bed and noticed the bathroom door slightly opened with the light off. I thought maybe she came out and went to lay on the futon in the living room. I walked over to the living room turn the switch and saw no one there. My cat was by the bathroom door starring. I went over and opened the door and found Mia sleeping on the bathroom floor. I laughed again. I did a lot of laughing.

“Mia, get up off the floor.”

“I’m on the floor?”

Giggling I gave her my hand and helped her up. “Come on let’s go to bed.”

She wobbles to my room as I guided her and plops right into my bed.

“Mia, you have to move over.”

She moved over about half a foot with her hands behind her head as her elbow gave my right eye company. I didn’t bother telling her to move more, the poor girl was dysfunctional. I laid there half asleep hoping she won’t elbow the crap out of my eye. Then the most horrifying thing happened. She started snoring. That was the end of my sleep, but I giggled through out the night.

I got out of bed 10 to 7am and got into the shower. Woke her and told her to get ready. Her boyfriend Jack(Wod) called her and started interrogating her.

“Where are you?”

“I’m by Chafai’s, I told you that.”

They argued the entire time and he broke up with her.

“I don’t remember who brought me home, it was one of your friends I can’t remember his name.”

She handed me the phone and I answered…

“Hello Jack(Wod) what’s up?, we’re running late.”

“Oh, OK it’s true.”

He didn’t believe she was sleeping over. She didn’t give two shits, she was done with him, saying how immature he was and I kept telling her that he will never change and doesn’t trust you.
We get on the train and Mia is still drunk. She goes to work and emails me that she’s still drunk. Tonight, she will go out and do it all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home