Can You Handle It?

Monday, July 18, 2005

ROMMMAKER

My family is the best with broken English. Though my mom lives in Florida and I don’t get to talk to her every single day I still correct her on the phone. Like when she talks about Ft. Lauderdale her and my uncle which is her brother call it. Fort. Fofolauderdala. It’s funny shit. When my mom would say

“Frix”

I would say “No ma, its fix”.

“Oh ok, Frix”

Till this day she still says frix. Every time she talks about my roommate, she says

“Ehh yourah ROOMMAKER….”

“No ma, it’s roooommmm mmmmmate!”

Again till this day she still says roommaker. My roommate apparently makes rooms now. So I have my uncle here from Florida and he’s been sporting that word all weekend.

“ROOMMAKER”

Ahh La Bella Vita.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home